It's part of our company culture that we review our software and processes to ensure we're working as effectively as possible. Through our journey to define what our guiding principles are, we have come to value:
- Lucidity and concise content over verbose detail and soft facts; Advice should be articulated clearly and plainly and not obscured by too much data or biographical information.
- Justifiable and reasoned advice over facilitation of the client's desires; Recommendations should be based on what's right for the client, which may in fact not be what the client wanted in the first place.
- Accuracy of important details over exhaustive background information; Make sure the key facts are right before focussing on additional charts & benchmarks.
- Consistent and fair comparisons over favourable reporting of data; Compare plans on a like-for-like basis wherever possible, even if it doesn't always show the recommended arrangements in a favourable light.
- Predictable turnaround times over scrambling to meet imposed deadlines; Manage clients' expectations by consistently delivering in a timely manner rather than cutting corners to meet tight deadlines.
- Responsiveness to feedback over following rigid processes; Be able to adapt quickly to legislation updates or preferential changes without being constrained by old systems or outdated practices.
Of course, this is not to say that we don't acknowledge the value in some of the items on the right, just that we value what's on the left more.
We work best with people who buy into the same values and understand why we work the way we do. If you can relate to the above principles, then why not get in touch with us to see how we could help your business?
The PowerPlanner project has existed since 2009 when it was born out of the realisation that most paraplanning tasks could be automated to speed up dealing with a large backlog of work. Like many IFAs, we share the frustration of delays caused by monotonous processes and compliance mistakes in reports, so we decided to do something about it.
Early prototypes yielded significant productivity improvements, so, with the additional potential to drive up quality and reliability, we started to turn these prototypes into a professional software product. Since 2014, we have used this to empower paraplanners and support IFAs across the country do what they do best - deliver quality financial advice.
The company benefits from a wealth of knowledge and expertise from both the financial advice and information technology industries. It is this proficiency that has allowed us to develop a comprehensive process that comfortably handles those complexities of financial products with which even the most experienced paraplanners have difficulty.
Our vision is to continue to develop PowerPlanner to provide the best possible service to our customers. As industry regulations change, PowerPlanner is updated to maintain its level of compliance and mitigate risk. We believe in embracing technologies that can enhance efficiency and correctness in the financial services industry, and in helping those who also value these objectives achieve the same results.